Before you undergo any type of surgery, cosmetic or medical, it is very important that you know and trust the surgeon.
Here is some important information you should know before undergoing any type of surgery:
- Qualifications and Experience. Knowing if your Doctor is board certified is crucial. Board certified means that in addition to the doctor completing years of school, fulfilling residency requirements and passing the examinations required to practice medicine in your state, your specialist participates in an ongoing process of continuing education to keep current with the latest advances in medical science and technology in his or her specialty as well as best practices in patient safety, quality healthcare and creating a responsive patient-focused environment. Certification matters.
- How long has the surgeon been performing this type of procedure.
- Past work on other patients. Seeing the doctor's work on previous patients might give you an idea of how you will look after the procedure. Every doctor is different, you prefer the way one doctor does a procedure compared to others.
- How long has the surgeon been performing this type of procedure/How often does the doctor perform this procedure. Ideally, the doctor has done this procedure many times for several years.
- Malpractice suits- Incident in where a physician's care did not meet the accepted standards of practice. Some common types of medical malpractice include: misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, surgical error, and medication error.
- Has the doctor's medical license ever been revoked or suspended?
- Does the doctor have any hospital privileges? If something goes wrong and you need to be admitted to the hospital, you want your doctor to keep treating you himself, rather than turning you over to another doctor with no prior knowledge of your case.
- Criminal offenses. If the doctor has ever been convicted of a crime.
- What are the risks and complications?
You can find all the information you need on your surgeon by obtaining an EZDoctor Report. Go to ezdoctor.com now!!!